Uni Fermenter assembly and safety info
Congratulations on your purchase of our Uni Fermenter. By following these simple steps your fermenter will continue to serve you tasty fermented beverages for years to come. Along with the fermenter you will find a 5/8" silicone blow off tube with a stainless hose clamp as well as a extra 1.5" gasket and a connector body that is to be used during fermentation blow off. On 26 gallon models there is also a peice of 1/4" silicon tubing that is used as a sizing coupler for the internal racking tube.Once pressure has been released from the fermenter remove the c02 in connector body and replace it with the blow off connector body prior to fermentation. Prior to pressurization replace the blow off connector body with the original c02 in connector body. Listed below are some general saftey precautions that should be read and fully understood prior to using the unit. Failure to do so can result in injury or death.
1. Never open a valve or tri clamp fitting without releasing the pressure! This is done by pulling up on the saftey pressure release valve and venting all pressue before attempting to remove any lid, fitting or opening a valve. Working with pressure is very dangerous and must be taken very seriously. Opening a pressurized vessel will cause a lid, valve or fitting to be launched with enough force to kill or injure.
2. Always use a co2 tank equipped with a saftey regulator.
3. Always use the lowest pressure possible to transfer your beverage. We recommend using 5-10 PSI.
4. Always rinse the fermenter and parts that have come in contact with acid based sanitizers with clean water to avoid pitting of the stainless.
5. Use caution when moving the fermenters as they are very top heavy and should be stored in a secure location.
6. If you have any questions regarding this product please contact us via email or by phone and we will be more than happy to trouble shoot and guide you along.
Think safety and enjoy your new fermenter. Cheers!